Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Bob James' (of the Animal Foundation) response

I am not a great fan of coincidence. I discovered long ago that "coincidence" is often a cloak for acts that need to become apparent, but which cannot stand transparency. I'm not saying that coincidence is non-existent in our universe. After all, it's a big place and I'm sure that almost anything is possible.

I'm looking at just a FEW events that have taken place and am attempting to decide if they are coincidence, or something else. You be the judge.

1) On June 19th, at a City Commission meeting, I state that the Animal Control bid procedure and award process looks fixed and ask that the Mayor be removed from the award committee. I stated that "the City has never allocated an increase in funds in order to keep up with general rising costs which would negatively affect the running of the shelter. Coincidence? (see Staton report )

2) I further state that the bid may "already be predetermined by an unseen committee which is interested in assuring the Foundation complete control and the City the ability to circumvent or ignore actual bid and awarding procedures". That the City and Foundation want control of the shelter, which at that time was run by the HSCC (See here) Lo and behold! Who are the 3 entities now running the shelter? Coincidence?

3) After the ACO's press conference it was pointed out to me by various people that the one of the television stations had run an OLD pro-Animal Foundation piece from a couple of years back. Coincidence?


4) I blog this piece (Saturday 29, Dec. 2007) and invite almost every entity in Great Falls to the Town Hall meeting, Jan 5, 2008 @ 7 p.m. University of Great Falls Theater Building - not a peep is heard from any of representatives of those groups invited. But I know they read the blog. Coincidence?

5) This morning I e-mail key individuals within those groups from the link above and other than the "receipt" to show that they received the e-mail, there is no response until this pops up (a couple of hours after sending the invitation) on ECW. Coincidence?


I blog this list. Coincidence?



4 comments:

GeeGuy said...

Susan, I hate to crash your conspiracy party, but sometimes coincidence is just that.

For the record, I inquired of Bob James for my post on Thursday, December 27. He sent me an email on Sunday, December 30.

I knew nothing about your invitations.

Coincidence? Yes. You apparently sent, coincidentally, your 'invitations' shortly before I found time to post Bob James' email to me of several days ago.

Overfield Kennel said...

Based on the overwhelming evidence, the consensus of people who genuinely care about the animals is both the City's and Foundation's credibility is non-existent.

GeeGuy said...

But I genuinely care about the animals, and I think the Foundation has credibility.

Overfield Kennel said...

??